Support for the cuban people
Day 1 Welcome to Cuba
Travel to your hotel accommodation in Old Havana, evening at leisure to get settled in and to enjoy dinner.
Evening meal included
Day 2 Tha capital of cubans
Today is dedicated to discovering Old Havana and its Colonial Squares. You will walk far deep into the popular neighbors of the city. Lunch at typical private restaurant El Jibaro, with excellent menues. From the comforts of a classic old american cabriolet, you will sight see along the front sea promenade. Visit to the well known painters: Juan Moreira and Alicia Leal, you will admire their work and have the possibility of discussing their art. In the evening, Diner at private restaurant El Cocinero. You will spend the evening at the popular place La Fabrica del Arte, where people from Havana love to go for dansing and having a good time. A Musical concert will be on the menu.
Day 3 From the Farm to the table.
After breakfast , we go to a Farm located in the outskirts of Havana.: Vista Hermosa. The owner have developed a project from the Farm to the table. They grow cattle and vegetables and produce cheese, ham and other products. While in the property, you can make a tour on horseback riding, or, just walking if you prefer. Lunch will propose the typical products from the Farm. Back to Havana, we will visit El Callejon de Hamel, another interesting Community project carried out by a painter, together with the local people. Great opportunity to get in contact with the AfroCuban religion. Diner at the private restaurant Mediterraneo Havana.
Day 4 Pinar del Rio and the best tobacco in the world
Transfer to the beautiful region of Vinales. Visit on the way, the community of 'Las Terrazas' where you can admire coffee plantations and taste a coffee at the café María. Lunch in Buena Vista restaurant; then visit Pinar del Rio and the cigar Factory. Once you arrive in Vinales, you settle into your lodgings and dine with the locals. We invite you to go downtown to experience its Latin music festivities...
Day 5 Vinales: A real paradise
Go hiking in the stunning valley or visit a tobacco farm to observe the plantations of drying processes depending on the season. You will have the opportunity to talk to the owner of the farm, to learn more about traditional cigar farming and rolling techniques and to enjoy a coffee and cigar with him. Lunch at a local private restaurant.
Then you return to the village and have some Salsa lessons. Later, you visit the dreamlike Garden of Caridad, a private botanic garden where you can see all kind of endemic and exotic plants.
In the evening , enjoy dinner at a private restaurant surrounded by music and the joy of living... It s time to practice waht you learned in the afternoon....
4 hours of walking
Day 6 Culture and Nature
Today let´s walk in the valley of Viñales but another area. There we will meet a social projet well-known as "Raices" (Roots). This family has developed a great site using only natural stuffs. Near this wonderful site they have the Viñales Canopy (zip lining) having a nice view from up there. Lunch at a farming house, "Casa de Ana" In the afternoon let's go and visit "La Cueva de Santo Tomás" the largest and most studied cave in Cuba. Back home in Viñales we will have some Cooking Lessons with the Cuban ladies. Dinner at home.
Day 7 Zapata Swamp. A wild paradise.
Morning transfer from west to east seeking for the central part of Cuba. Once in Zapata let's visit the Crocodile Farm , a project to sustain our crocodile especie " Crocodylus rhombifer". Also an opportunity to observe the amazing Flora and Fauna around l. Lunch time in the area. The afternoon could be the best moment for you to walk in the woods of Soplillar aldea in which birds are the stars.
Dinner in private restaurant in Playa Larga.
Day 8 Caleta Buena - Trinidad
Today we are setting off Zapata to Trinidad but let's use the morning and even part of the afternoon to enjoy a divine sea spot, Caleta Buena. Drinks included and snorkeling. Lunch time there. After this let´s transfer to Trinidad but first visiting on the way Cienfuegos, La Perla del Sur ( The Pearl of the South) , the unique french village funded in Cuba. Finally in Trinidad, accommodation and diner in a paladar. (private restaurant)
Day 9 Trinidad. Carriage tour in "Valle de los Ingenios" (Mills Valley)
Great day this for coming. Trinidad was great especially because the sugar industry along the XVIII & XIX century. Well, lets visit the cradle of the sugar industry in Trinidad El Valle de los Ingenios (Mills Valley).
But let´s do this journey by using carriages. Farming lunch there. Back in Trinidad brief walking in the Old City. Dinner in a paladar. ( Private restaurant.)
Accommodation: Homestay. Meals included.
Day 10 Back to Havana. Farewell day.
Transfer back to Havana for taking your flight back home. Thanks for having come and visited us. Hope to see you again.
Period & budget
When to travel?
The best period for travelling is during the following months:
The budget is an indication of the price per person, subject to availability. Your local agent will send you a customized quote with the exact price. The price can vary according to availability, level of services, period of travel, number of participants, booking time frame and other items.
Terms and conditions
- Cancellation received more than 30 days prior to the departure date: a sum of €50 per person will be retained
- Cancellation received 30 to 21 days before the departure date: your deposit, 30% of the total trip price will be retained
- Cancellation received 20 to 14 days before the departure date: 50% of the total trip price will be retained
- Cancellation received 13 to 7 days before the departure date: 75% of the total trip price will be retained
- Cancellation received less than 7 days before the departure date: 100% of the total trip price will be retained
- Fixed airfares: if your airline ticket was issued in advance, often done to avoid significant surcharges, you will be charged 100% of any non-refundable fees if you wish to change or cancel your flight plan.
- Fixed in-country costs: early charges for firm bookings will be charged if you cancel or modify your trip.
- Insurance costs: if you have taken out comprehensive or cancellation insurance, the cost of insurance is due and cannot be refunded.
Modification du contrat
Prix et révision des prix
Cession du contrat
Budget & exchange
- A sleeping bag liner (or sleeping bag) for your night in a shelter (blankets provided)
- Water purification tablets
- A refillable water bottle or 2 (2L)
- A sun hat
- A bandana, to protect your neck
- A pair of sun glasses (good quality, 3 or 4)
- Thermal tops and bottoms
- T shirts, shorts and trousers suitable for hiking
- Appropriate underwear and pyjamas
- A warm layer
- A coat / jacket
- A rain coat (good quality, breathable with hood)
- Water proof trousers
- A swimsuit & fast drying towel
- A pair of hiking boots
- Thick socks for hiking
- A pair of casual shoes for evenings/gentle strolls
- 1 pair of shoes for wearing in water for snorkeling, swimming, etc
- Your personal toiletries
- Sun-cream (body and lips)
- Head torch and spare batteries
- A pair of hiking poles
- A waterproof bag cover (or plastic bags) to protect your belongings
Health information & recommendations
- Avoid dropping litter - use bins or carry your rubbish with you.
- Use drinking water sparingly - avoid wasting water, take showers not baths, report leaks, etc..
- Support the preservation of cultural sites - resist the temptation to touch statues, moves stones etc..
- Exchanges are prefarable to donations - generations gifts can destabalize the local economic balance.
- When walking, be aware of fragile ecosystems, observe wildlife from a distance, stick to trails, limit trampling and do not steal from the nature - resist the temptation to pick flowers, collect fossils or stones...
- Some hotels have air conditioning - to avoid excessive energy consumption and greenhouse gas emissions, please use sparingly and remember to cut the aircon when you are not in the room.