Multi-Activity Family Trip
Day 1 Havana
Welcome to Havana! Transfer to your hotel and delivery of your travel documents.
Meals not included
Day 2 Meet Misael & Nelson - Havana
After breakfast, you head towards Guanabacoa to meet Misael and Nelson, the owners of private farms. They raise goats, cattle and pigs and will everything about life on a Cuban Farm. This afternoon, you walk to discover the old quarter of Havana. Visit the colonial squares and the interiors of the beautiful mansions...
2 to 3 hours of walking
Meals not included
Day 3 Havana - Las Terrazas
Today you go to the region of Las Terrazas to visit a small community who live in the protected nature park aloung many varieties of plants and animals. You finish the morning with a 'canopy' zip line over the lake before heading back to your hotel this afternoon.
Day 4 Horseback riding - Vinales
This morning, you go horseriding for 2 hours in the spectacular Vinales valley. Then, after lunch, you head to Moncada Valley to visit the largest cave in Cuba, the Santo Tomas, before settling into your Casa Particular accommodation for the night.
Day 5 Hiking in the Vinales Valley - Salsa Course
This morning, you go hiking in the stunning valley of Viñales. For lunch, a local woman welcomes you into her home to discover her authentic Cuban cuisine. Then, you visit the village of Viñales and participate in a salsa dancing lesson. Your evening ends in a typical bar listening to Cuban music and dancing to the rhythms...
2 to 3 hours of walking
Day 6 Cayo Levisa - Snorkelling
Breakfast eaten, you head to the Palma Rubia port to board a boat. It is just over an hours crossing to the paradise island of Cayo Levisa. Here you can go snorkelling with the rich fauna and flora of the coral reef around you and relax on a white sandy beach under the shade of a palm tree...
Transportation: 2 to 3 hours
Day 7 Zapata Region - Santa Clara
Today you driver takes you to Santa Clara. On the way, you stop in the Zapata Swamp area for lunch. Upon your arrival in Santa Clara, you visit the Che Guevara Mausoleum memorial before settling into your hotel for the night.
Transport: 5 hours drive
Meals not included
Day 8 Hanabanilla - Sierra del Escambray - Kayaking
This morning you head towards the chain of Escambray, a little over an hour away. After lunch, you set off, accompanied by a local guide with your kayaks. You head towards Rio Negro and spend the night camping here. Enjoy dinner in a typical restaurant in the middle of the lake.
Day 9 Kayaking - Topes de Collantes
This morning you set off in kayaks to go hiking. After lunch, you find your driver and your route takes you to Cortina Jibacoa dam and Gallega farm where you spend the night camping.
Day 10 Topes de Collantes - Trinidad
This morning, you go for an aquatic hike along the lush Guanayara River. After lunch, you take the road to Topes de Collantes national park and visit a coffee house. This afternoon, you arrive in Trinidad and settle in with a Cuban family for several nights.
Transport: 2 to 3 hours
2 hours of walking
Day 11 Trinidad
A day dedicated to discovering the beautiful unique city of Trinidad, a living museum where time seems to have stopped. Wonder through typical colourful streets and meet local inhabitants known for their hospitality. You visit the craft market and the potter's house. This evening you can enjoy an excellent lobster grill before taking your second salsa class, this time with a team of professionals!
Day 12 Sancti Spiritus - Cayo Santa Maria
Today you take to the road and head to the city of Sancti Spiritus, one of the oldest Cuban European settlements. After a short visit, you leave in the direction of Cayo Santa Maria where you arrive for lunch. Your afternoon is free to enjoy this fabulous area of turquoise waters and white sands...
Transport: 3 to 4 hours
Day 13 Cayo Santa Maria - Havana
Spend your last morning at the beach between swimming in 30°C (86°F) waters and relaxing on deckchairs. Optional activities available including kayaking and catamaran excursions. After lunch, you find your driver and journey to Havana. Late afternoon arrival in Havana and settle into your homestay accommodation.
Transport: 4 hours
Day 14 Havana - End of stay
Enjoy a final morning in Havana, do some shopping and soak in the lively musical atmosphere of the city one final time.
Meals not included
Period & budget
When to travel?
The best period for travelling is during the following months:
The budget is an indication of the price per person, subject to availability. Your local agent will send you a customized quote with the exact price. The price can vary according to availability, level of services, period of travel, number of participants, booking time frame and other items.
- 13 nights in hotel, homestay and camping accommodation with breakfasts
- The meals of the days 4, 5, 6, 9 and 10, the lunch of the day 13 and the dinners of the days 3, 8, 11 and 12
- Entrance fees to sites as per itinerary
- The accompaniment by a Spanish speaking driver from day 1 to day 13
- Our English speaking assistance 24h / 7
- International flights
- Tourist card (necessary to enter the country)
- Meals: Most lunches and some dinners as detailed in itinerary
- Drinks, tips and personal expenses - all that is not 'included'
- Single Room Supplement: Consult us
- English-speaking driver: Consult us
Terms and conditions
- Cancellation received more than 30 days prior to the departure date: a sum of €50 per person will be retained
- Cancellation received 30 to 21 days before the departure date: your deposit, 30% of the total trip price will be retained
- Cancellation received 20 to 14 days before the departure date: 50% of the total trip price will be retained
- Cancellation received 13 to 7 days before the departure date: 75% of the total trip price will be retained
- Cancellation received less than 7 days before the departure date: 100% of the total trip price will be retained
- Fixed airfares: if your airline ticket was issued in advance, often done to avoid significant surcharges, you will be charged 100% of any non-refundable fees if you wish to change or cancel your flight plan.
- Fixed in-country costs: early charges for firm bookings will be charged if you cancel or modify your trip.
- Insurance costs: if you have taken out comprehensive or cancellation insurance, the cost of insurance is due and cannot be refunded.
Changes to travel contract
Altai Travel Insurance Options
Budget & exchange
- A sleeping bag liner (or sleeping bag) for your night in a shelter (blankets provided)
- Water purification tablets
- A refillable water bottle or 2 (2L)
- A sun hat
- A bandana, to protect your neck
- A pair of sun glasses (good quality, 3 or 4)
- Thermal tops and bottoms
- T shirts, shorts and trousers suitable for hiking
- Appropriate underwear and pyjamas
- A warm layer
- A coat / jacket
- A rain coat (good quality, breathable with hood)
- Water proof trousers
- A swimsuit & fast drying towel
- A pair of hiking boots
- Thick socks for hiking
- A pair of casual shoes for evenings/gentle strolls
- 1 pair of shoes for wearing in water for snorkeling, swimming, etc
- Your personal toiletries
- Sun-cream (body and lips)
- Head torch and spare batteries
- A pair of hiking poles
- A waterproof bag cover (or plastic bags) to protect your belongings
Health information & recommendations
- Avoid dropping litter - use bins or carry your rubbish with you.
- Use drinking water sparingly - avoid wasting water, take showers not baths, report leaks, etc..
- Support the preservation of cultural sites - resist the temptation to touch statues, moves stones etc..
- Exchanges are prefarable to donations - generations gifts can destabalize the local economic balance.
- When walking, be aware of fragile ecosystems, observe wildlife from a distance, stick to trails, limit trampling and do not steal from the nature - resist the temptation to pick flowers, collect fossils or stones...
- Some hotels have air conditioning - to avoid excessive energy consumption and greenhouse gas emissions, please use sparingly and remember to cut the aircon when you are not in the room.